Inlet Historical Society Trustees
President: Charles Herr, Acting*
Vice President: Craig Witlin
Treasurer: Holly Koeppe, Acting
Assistant Treasurer: Leo Fadel
Secretary: Linda Fadel
Director Ex-Officio: Next Town Historian
*Present holder agrees to continue to act until position filled or Oct. 31
Board Members At-Large: Charles Herr, Mitch Lee, Debbie Haynes, Holly Koeppe, Dan Kenan, Julie Nelson Meeks, Waddie Kalil, Jean Bird, Leo Fadel, Letty Kirch Haynes
Inlet Historical Society needs ACTIVE committee members! Please consider becoming active on a committee.
from IHS By-Laws, Article IV – Committees
1. The Board shall designate standing and temporary committees, determine the number of members and the chair of the committee, may assign responsibilities in addition to those listed below and may likewise dissolve any and all such committees. All committees shall be responsible to the Board of the Society and be chaired by a member in good standing of the Society. The committee chairs shall present an oral report to the Board at regular Board meetings detailing the activities, progress, decisions and recommendations of the committee since the last committee report.
2. The Publications Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible for disseminating relevant and timely information to the membership of the Society via a newsletter or other means and to the public via press releases or other means. The Corresponding Secretary shall chair this committee.
3. The Membership Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible for soliciting new members and collecting dues. This committee shall maintain and provide a current list of members in good standing to the Recording Secretary of the Society on a timely basis.
4. The Funding Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible to solicit donations and undertake fund raising activities in support of the mission of the Inlet Historical Society.
5. The Auditing Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible for auditing the financial records constituting the books of the Society and shall also provide a written report of the audit findings to the Board of the Society in accordance with Article X. The Auditing Committee will enlist the services of an outside party (non-member of the Society) to assist with the annual audit of the financial records.
6. The Nominating Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible for collecting and presenting a slate of nominees to serve as Officers and Trustees and to present the nominees to the members of the Society at the Annual Membership Meeting in accordance with Article VII. No member of this committee may be a Director or Officer or a candidate for Director or Officer.
7. The By-Laws Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible for considering and proposing amendments to the Society’s By-Laws for presentation to the membership for adoption.
8. The Finance Committee shall be a standing committee of the Society responsible for developing an annual budget and for reviewing financial reports prepared by the Treasurer. The Treasurer shall be a member of this committee. This committee shall also be responsible for presenting various reports to the Board of Trustees and monitoring investments of the Society.
9. The Collections Committee shall collect, catalog, clean, repair and store historic information and objects and provide for the correct historic interpretation.
10. The Museum Committee shall arrange exhibits and set up suitable programs and maintain the upkeep of the quarters of the Inlet Historical Society.